Tuesday, April 12, 2011

PROM... I could do it all for a buck fifty.

THIS YEAR, PROM IS GOING TO BE AT THE 
JOHN G. SHEDD AQUARIUM IN CHICAGO.

So, my kids told me they each need $250 per couple for Prom tickets. Two hundred and fifty dollars, EACH.  JUST FOR THE TICKETS.  I, NATURALLY, assumed that meant it came with a Beluga Whale. 


NATURALLY!!! 

But NO, thats just to get INTO high school prom. I said, "Do you get to take a Beluga whale home? No? Then this is outrageous!" 


Now I'm the bad guy.


THEY TRIED TO GIVE ME REASONS WHY THIS TICKET PRICE IS REASONABLE.   I heard things like:
"WE'LL BE DANCING ON THE BIG MARBLE FLOOR 
WITH THE FISH TANKS ALL AROUND US." 

(I could put crushed marbles on the gym floor, with goldfish bowls all around instead, WA LAA!)  

"WE'LL BE OVERLOOKING LAKE SHORE DRIVE FOR PROM!"

(I could make a deadly S curve in the school parking lot &
 splash the kids as they drive by, WA LAA!) 

"WE'LL BE IN DOWNTOWN CHICAGO, 
WITH ALL THE SKYSCRAPERS AND SHINING LIGHTS!"

(I would be happy to go up in the rafters of the gym 
and shine flashlights in all their  faces to save $250, WA LAA!)


I don't see the problem. 
I think I could do it all for about a buck fifty.



UPDATE:  Well, I guess I couldn't have done it for a buck fifty after all.  It included transportation there & back, dinner, an all night after party back at the school, and then a pancake breakfast the next morning.  The kids said it was a great night and well worth the price in the end (because they didn't have to pay it).

No comments:

Post a Comment