Friday, May 27, 2011

My kids made the front page of their school newspaper, so I've heard.....

Michael gives me forms to fill out for credit recovery (athletes version of summer school).  I was upset with him, told him he needs to straighten up over the summer and get these missing credits made up or no football camp, no sports whatsoever.  You want to be a student athlete?  STUDENT IS THE FIRST WORD IN THAT PHRASE BUDDY!

He says, "Hey, at least I was on the cover of the school newspaper with Jen."  I said, "What?"

OH YEAH, Both of my kids are on the cover of the school newspaper at the same time, a school of over 2,000.  Michael, for Tennis,  Jen, for her role in Pink Panther.  I hear there's even an article about Jen inside as well.

Neither one told me, they didn't think it was a big deal.  Jen said she "threw it away.  Why?  Did you want to see it Mom?"

Statements like that are one of the reasons I have high blood pressure.  Damn teenagers.

YEAH, I WANT TO SEE THE PAPER!!!!

I WANT TO SEE IT, SCAN IT, SHARE IT, FRAME IT, 
COPY IT, ACCIDENTLY BRING IT WITH ME TO PARTIES, 
LEAVE COPIES EVERYWHERE, ETC."


YEAH, I WANT TO SEE THE DAMN PAPER!!!

I've told both of them, that if I don't get one of those school newspapers by the end of today, I'll hire a photographer, go to the school, (wearing my big sunglasses, as my photographer snaps pictures of me), and announce LOUDLY, THAT I'M THE MOM WHO'S KIDS ARE BOTH ON THE COVER OF THE PAPER (and who are not in any trouble), HOORAY FOR ME (I mean them)!!!!

Note to other teens:  if you're in a newspaper, ANY NEWSPAPER, for something good, MOM WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT IT!  And even if its for something bad, MOM STILL WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT IT!  (So we can hide you.)

Brats.

So, I don't have any pics to add to this post........ YET!

But I am REALLY, REALLY PROUD OF BOTH OF THEM...... Brats.


Update, 5/28/11:  Yay!!!  I got the newspaper!!!  No cameraman needed, lucky for them.  I would have taken it out of their allowance.  You can barley see Michael on the cover.  I told him that picture of him isn't big enough to get him out of trouble, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment